Sororities are a grounding aspect of the College experience. In New York City, where so many students commute rather than living on campus, Greek life fosters a sense of community that might otherwise be absent. Women in sororities are more likely to get involved with other organizations on-campus as well.
By joining Greek life, you will create lasting friendships and ensure a smooth transition into a successful college life.
Greek Life Statistics
- Sororities turn women into trailblazers. Both the first female senator and astronaut were Greek.
- Nationally, 71% of all fraternity and sorority members graduate, while only 50% of non-members graduate.
- The overall fraternity and sorority GPA is higher than the overall collegiate GPA.
- Since 1910, 85% of the Supreme Court Justices have been fraternity or sorority members.
- 85% of the Fortune 500 key executives are fraternity or sorority members.
- Of the nation’s 50 largest corporations, 43 are headed by fraternity or sorority members.
- 2 of the 4 women appointed to the U.S. Supreme Court were sorority members.
- A study by the University of Missouri found that Greeks throughout the US and Canada are more involved on their campuses and rate their overall university experience better.